H.H.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My Weekend...

...was much better than I thought it would be. Someone I respect very much told me I should go to our church's college retreat. Well, I went, and this very wise person was right. I have only felt that much at home at Harmony Hill. I won't bore you with details, but I will say two things. I had forgotten what silence was, and though I love my family dearly, it was wonderful to sit for an hour or two together without seeing anyone or hearing any sounds except the wind or the rooster crowing. Silence gives you time to realize what your brain has been trying to tell you amid the chaos of daily life. I also learned that wonderful men of God can have tattoos and still be such wonderful men of God so that you don't even think about the tattoos. Though I still wouldn't recommend them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home