H.H.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Weather

The dry heat of Texas summer has suffered its first blow. After a high of 111 degrees yesterday, last night a cool front blew in. As I speak, the temperature is only 65.
Has anyone else ever noticed the difference between the coolness of spring and the coolness of fall? In the spring, I can never concentrate on what I am supposed to be doing. I want to be out and about, running around, playing outside. In the fall, I feel content, cozy, and sheltered. I like sitting here in our church office, doing various and sundry things, from punching paper and re-doing the rolodex for our church of 2200 to cutting out paper Noah's ark figures covered in laminate. I actually did math of my own free will this morning. (I did terribly.)
I found the perfect word for this kind of weather in a book by Edward Eager, "coolth."

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home