H.H.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

For a friend

I wrote this this morning for a friend who could use some prayers.


I don't know how to start
this poem I write
so I'll just get started with
'I hope you're alright'

I know the great pain
the sorrows and emptiness
that you feel in your heart
of sadness and lonelyness
that won't ever depart.
for I once lived as you
until I had
hardened my heart

I made my heart cold
myself callous,
my skin thick
now all my feelings
are as a brick

I would tell you to do this
(it might make you sick)
but how does the sun
not shine like a star.

So I say this to you
to give you some hope
"A friend is near
who will help you to hope"
I will have a shoulder to cry on
an ear to listen
I will be here for you
when you will be missing

A flower must grow
through storms and showers
and the next spring day
it show a beautiful flower

for it came through the storm
and lightning and thunder
to become and appear
that beautiful flower

So take heart and rest
and lift up your sorrows
to the one who will take them
and give joy for tomorrow

I sit here now,
to finish this song
and say to you, ever
if you fell like crying
or are as mad as can be
just don't forget
I will always be free
to help you through.

3 Comments:

  • I dont even know the guy that wrote this and posted it, and I'm certain it has absolutely nothing to do with me. But it fits exactly how i've felt the last couple of weeks. Nice poem. ;)

    Btw since I dont know most of the people on this blog, I'm Joe Thompson from Memphis, TN and go to Whitehaven PBC. If you'd like more details my blog is http://joe444477.blogspot.com

    By Blogger joe4444, at Thursday, November 03, 2005 2:40:00 PM  

  • Yeah I'm with Joe,

    This poem has summed up feelings I've had many times. Very cool. And like Joe i will take the time to introduce to those on here who don't know me. I'm Adam from Jasper Alabama. And you can get more at my blog http://2amnurse.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Unknown, at Friday, November 04, 2005 10:58:00 PM  

  • Thanks yall. I have had the same feelings to and hoped that this could/would be a helper.

    By Blogger X, at Monday, November 07, 2005 9:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home