H.H.

Friday, October 21, 2005

A Wedding

I love weddings! The hustle and bustle, the general aura of awkward efficiency and somewhat organized chaos, but most of all the pervading sense of happiness. I have never been anywhere near a wedding that I have not been involved in up to my fingertips. Even though this time around I don't even know what the happy couple look like, but I'm almost as involved in the commotion as if I was the bride's sister. Guiding those from out of town who can't find the church; babysitting some of the small children, who were not raised P.B. and therefore cannot sit still for any length of time; unobtrusively interjecting myself into the mother-of-the-bride's conversations to jog her memory with this or that; fetching these people here, and those people there; I love it all.
Someone, no one in particular, but someone, needs to get married, and soon.
Wedding bells are ringing, now we need someone to step up to the alter.
Not that we would say that it was obliging of them, and just what we wanted. Oh no, we would congratulate them, and wish them well, but secretly, we would be thinking of how appropriate their timing was, and how totally gratifying to our wishes they are. Oh yes...

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home